Napkin technique

Stay inside and keep busy.


In these times of the lock down  I started to do things that I didn't do for a while. I had a bag full of tin cans of baby food and other things. I painted them all and decorated them with a napkin technique that my mom taught  me when I was little. Some of the cans I decorated to use later in my class as visual storage tins (shells, stones, stick, corks, ..) I made also some for in the kitchen as storage for herbs, flower etc also great for the children in their home corner. 

What do you need? 

  • Paint (acrylic) 
  • Vanish 
  • Brush 
  • Napkins 
  • Scissors

How do you start? 

You can work on every material that you want. On wood, tins, tiles, roof tiles, flower pots, ... choose the napkins. Paint the object of your choise in a color that is close to the napkin then you will have the best result. Important point a napkin has more layers then one they have 3 till sometimes 5; it is important that you take all of them off till you have only top layer. Look at the explanation of the varnish that you have how many layers you need to do and how long you need to wait for the next layer. I did 3 layers and left 2 hours in between, so that it has time to harden. 




My experiences

This activity asks for concentration and requires fine motor skills. It is rewarding to do with your children at home. Connecting together, creating lovely items. Wonderful bonding moment that your children will not forget. I loved to do this with my mom and still do. 😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FABLAB

21st Century skills

Adobe Spark video